There has been a lot of buzz about green juice in the health and fitness industry. But are you aware that making green juice is as easy as ABC contrary to how most people make it seem? The truth is that you do not need some super fancy juicer before you can reap all the amazing health benefits of green juice. Do not get me wrong, if you can afford a fancy juicer its all good I have one myself. All I’m saying is you can make the perfect green juice with a blender by simply cutting up your ingredients, adding them up in your blender and running the content through a nut milk bag.
Now lets talk about the health and skin benefits of the ingredients featured in this post.
- Lemon helps to balance and maintain the ph levels in the body.
- Lemons are known to be a good source of vitamin c and antibacteria which helps prevent the growth of disease causing pathogens.
- Vitamin c found in lemon may help reduce early onset of skin wrinkling and acne.
- Lemon juice helps to replenish body salts after rigourous work out sessions.
- Celery contains a high amount of vitamin A,B,C,K, folate and niacin which are vital for repairing skin demages and wound healing.
- It helps to keep the skin young due to the high amount of calcium, potassium,magnesium and selanium prescence.
- Celery acts as a good diuretic which aids in the production of urine due to the presence of potassium and sodium in it.
- It’s leaves contains essential flavanoids such as lutein and beta-carotene which helps improve the body’s immune system
- Coriander leaves contains anti-fungal and anti-mirobial elements which helps in fighting acne, blackheads and dry skin.
- Cilantro also known as coriander is extremely rich in iron which can help increase haemoglobin level in the body.
- Coriander is rich in beta-carotene, folate and vitamin c which helps prevents the movement of free radicals in the body.
- Pineapple contains vitamin c and anti-oxidants which aid in the prevention of acne, fine lines and uneven skin tone
- Pineapples contains an enzyme called bromelain which can be beneficial to people suffering from skin inflammation.
- Fluted pumpkin leaves are rich in iron which can help increase the haemoglobin level in anaemic patients.
- It is rich in vitamin E which helps to promote a healthy and glowing skin.
- Fluted pumpkin leaf is rich in glycosides, flavanoids and other great antioxidant properties which helps reduce the prescence of free radicals in the body.
- Fluted pumpkin leaves contains a high amount of calcium which may help increase bone density as well as bone structure.
- It contains a substance called gingerol, which ia an active ingredient that can help lower the risk of infections.
- Ginger aids in efficient digestion by producing digestive enzymes that aid in the breakdown of food.
- The vitamin c content in ginger helps in killing the bacteria in the mouth that causes mouth odour.
- Fluted pumpkin leaves
- Cut up your cucumber and pineapple into tiny chunks and blend for 1 minute
- Add your peeled and cut ginger, celery, fluted pumpkin leaves, coriander and de-seeded lemon to cucumber-pineapple mix and blend for 1.5 minutes.
- Pour the blennded mixture through a nut milk bag and squeeze.
- it is essential to blend your cucumber and pineapple first inorder to create some liquid which will make the blending process of the rest of the ingredients easy .
“Remembet that every single green drink you create is an investment in your quality of life”- Kris Carr