What to you understand by self-discovery ? self-discovery is simply a process of learning about yourself and who you truly are. If someone asked you “How well do you know yourself ?”, you would probably say “I know myself very well” without paying attention to what the question really means. Some of us might even take it as an offence and reply in a confrontational manner. Truly knowing ourself is to discover who we truly are from within rather than on the periphery.
The path of self-discovery is a road which is seldom taken by most people due to the fear of what we might discover or thinking that it is not an enjoyable journey to embark upon. Journeying through the path of self discovery can be interesting ,daunting or horryfying due to certain questions which will need to be asked. These questions could dig up unwanted emotions and memories which have been keept deeply buried within our subconcious. The journey might not be easy but the benefits will be well worth it it. Remember, nothing good comes easy.
I am on the path of self-discovery myself and trust me when I say this, the beginning was not easy at all. I came to a point where I contemplated quitting and going to to the mediocre life which society had created for me through false belief system and social conditioning. But knowing myself as a fighter I decided to forge ahead on this solo journey and the benefits were worth it.
Check out the list of questions which I asked my self during my journey to self-discovery. You can try them or pick some points to create your own questions.
32 questions to guide you on your journey to self-discovery
- What is your greatest fear?
- What are your fondest childhood memories?
- Are you happy with your life at the moment?
- Are you living your truth?
- where do you see yourself by the end of this year?
- What is that one thing you can’t live without?
- When was the last time you did something that truly made you happy?
- Are you happy with yourself?
- What do you love most about yourself?
- How can you be a better version of yourself?
- When was the last time you spent time in nature?
- When was the last time you went out of your way to help someone?
- who will miss you when you die?
- What are you grateful for?
- Have you found your true calling in this life?
- What is your purpose on this earth?
- Do you question everything around you or do you simply accept whatever you are told?
- What is stopping you from being your true self?
- Do you get influenced by other people’s life on social media?
- When was the last time you had a deep talk with yourself
- What legacy do you want to leave when you die?
- Have you ever traveled all by yourself ? If your answer is no, do it.
- What advice would you give to your 19 year old self, would you follow the advice now?
- Are you taking good care of yourself?
- What brings you peace?
- If life stopped today, what would you regret not doing? (do it now)
- What are your priorities at the moment?
- How much do you care about other people’s opinion of you?
- what can you do today to make someone else’s day?
- What will you do differently to make today a great day?
- Are you making decisions that will add value to your life?
- Are you putting your energy towards things that energize you or that which drains you?
- What is the best life changing decision you have ever made?
“Step into the fire of self-discovery.This fire will not burn you, it will only burn what you are not”- Mooji